Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tahuantinsuyu - Empire of the Four Quarters

Pachacuti


I have completed one of my term papers for this semester! The topic is one I find particularly interesting. I decided to write on the formation of the Inca Empire in the 15th century. The key character in this story is Pachacuti. He was the one who transformed the Kingdom of Cuzco into the sprawling empire that lasted for a century. Here is a portion from my paper:

"The creation of an empire as expansive and well-organized as that of the Inca Empire required not only intelligent and brave leaders, but also inventive systems that would ensure the empire’s success and longevity. The empire’s formation was made possible through the use of decisive military tactics and strategic diplomacy."

If you have any desire to read my whole paper, just leave a comment saying so!


No comments:

Post a Comment